From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: Please help- Chainsaw Configuration
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 22:28:25 GMT
Are you able to build a short version of your log file that you are
trying to drag and drop into Chainsaw and point out examples of rows
that are being dropped?

If you can post this to the list, we might be able to help.

Paul
On 19/06/2007, at 8:23 AM, ashish talati wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>   Thanks for your help,
>   I can try another format,
>   how ever can you please look into my other problems that I
> previously described?
>   That are regarding skipping some logs and drag and drop xml file
> error!!!
>
>   regards,
>

> Paul Smith <psmith@aconex.com> wrote:
>>
>> Time 2007-06-18 11:50:02,223 ----> in the chainsaw
>> log panel
>>
>> timestamp="1182185402223"---------> in the log file
>>

> Since you are using the XMLLayout for the log file being written to
> disk, this is the way that layout outputs the Timestamp, using the
> epoch timeformat of "number of milliseconds since 1-1-1970", which is
> what the internal format for storing time.
>
> If you don't want XML formatted logs, use a different Layout, such as
> PatternLayout.
>

>> It looks entirely different except last 5 digits.
>>
>> 2)I really dont know how to configure specific logger for my
>> rolling File appender.
>> Can you give me specific example? (what can be logger hierarchy?)
>> I tried to create as below ,but It is not working.
>
> I would suggest you first read the short manual available online:
>
> http://logging.apache.org/log4j/docs/manual.html
>>

> If that and the JavaDoc documentation doesn't get you started I'd
> highly recommend Ceki's commercial book on log4j.
>
> http://www.qos.ch/shop/products/eclm/
>

> Paul
>

> ---------------------------------
> someone who knows.
> Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

Paul Smith
Core Engineering Manager

Aconex
The easy way to save time and money on your project

696 Bourke Street, Melbourne,
VIC 3000, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9240 0200  Fax: +61 3 9240 0299
Email: psmith@aconex.com  www.aconex.com

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee.
The contents may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to
copyright or other applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is
lost by an erroneous transmission. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please let us know by reply e-mail and delete or destroy
this mail and all copies. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in
reliance on it. The sender takes no responsibility for the effect of
this message upon the recipient's computer system.