From "Gregor Schneider" <rc4...@googlemail.com>
Subject Named loggers in servletcontainers static?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 06:27:28 GMT
Hi,

just a simple question:

When I create an own log4j.xml for different webapps (here in tomcat)
and specify the rootlogger i.e. in
$catalina_home/common/classes/log4j.xml and in any log4j.xml of a
certain webapp - it's still the same root-logger since it is astatic
one, right?

Does the same also go for other namebased loggers like "MyLogger"?
Meaning, if I have two different webapps, and for each I'm creating a
logger named "MyLogger" - is it the same one (static) ?

TIA

Gregor
gpgp-fp: 79A84FA526807026795E4209D3B3FE028B3170B2