From "James Stauffer" <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Named loggers in servletcontainers static?
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:28:44 GMT
Basically (assuming you aren't using a repository) selector it will be
the same logger if the classloader is the same.  And it will be the
same classloader if you place log4j.jar only in common/lib.  If you
have WEB-INF/lib/log4j.jar then that app will have a "private" version
of log4j.

Yes the root loggers work the same way as specific loggers (but
com.prog1.MyLogger would be different than com.prog2.MyLogger).

(I know I am simplifying things so someone may jump in an clarify but
it should be basically correct.)

James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/