From "James Stauffer" <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please help-chainsaw configuration
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 16:10:38 GMT
You should probably use a file appender on the source application if
the logs are that critical because network issues would prevent
chainsaw from receiving the logs.

On 6/12/07, ashish talati <ajtalati@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>   I am using chainsaw to view my logs coming through remote host with socket appender-reciever
pair.
>   Everything is working fine,the logs are coming in the different Tab and I also saved
the reciever config. through view-> application wide pref.

>   However when I close the chainsaw and start again my all logs are gone with the tab.
>   Please tell me how can I save the tab and the logs in that.
>
>   My application is in real time so File-> save as would not work for me, as If sudden
shut down occurs in the system and chainsaw shutdown before I save my logs manually.

James Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/