From "Tom Purl" <...@tompurl.com>
Subject Silencing log4j Mystery Output
Date Mon, 09 Jul 2007 21:51:09 GMT
I'm writing a simple java program that uses a third-party, proprietary
library.
If I don't place any log4j-related code in my program and run it, I get
the following output every time:

     [INFO] Resource file for com.foo.String =
jar:file:/C:/lib/ext_lib.jar!/com/foo/Strings_en_US
     [INFO] Resource file for com.foo.String =
jar:file:/C:/lib/ext_lib.jar!/com/foo/Strings_en_US

I would really like to silence this output without forcing the end user
to do any shell magic.  So I tried placing the following lines of code
in my program (which has worked in other situations):

    org.apache.log4j.BasicConfigurator.configure();
    Logger LOG = Logger.getRootLogger();
    LOG.setLevel((Level)Level.OFF);

This, however, didn't solve the problem.

Does anyone know of anything else I can try to silence this output?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Tom Purl