From neeha <swarna...@rediffmail.com>
Subject Not able to log messages
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2007 20:29:16 GMT

Hi All,

 I have an application running in my windows system. But when i try to run
the application in Unix environment there seems to be a problem with the
log4j.

I checked to see if some log messages are printed using log4j in unix
environment. Then i tried to do a console appender to see if it prints in
the console if not in the file. None of them seems to be printing the log
messages.
I removed the log4j.property from the  root directory (in our case the bin
directory) to check if i get an error for the missing log4j.property file.
But i did not get an error .

What could be the problem??? Can anybody help me out in this.
The same application with the same log4j.property file works fine for me in
Windows.

Is it something to do with classpath because i tried to add the property
file in the classpath also.

I am not really sure why log4j is not able to print the messages(not even in
the console). If anybody has some clarification or suggestions do get back.

Thanks,
Neeha