From Hans Schwaebli <hans_schwae...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: Recipients of email appender depending on log message, possible?
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:15:17 GMT

sdeboy@comotivsystems.com
www.comotivsystems.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans Schwaebli [mailto:hans_schwaebli@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 4:42 AM
To: Log4J Users List
Subject: Re: Recipients of email appender depending on log message,
possible?

I think it is no great problem to write a custom filter which reads the
MDC content, although it would take some time to write and to test and
maintain it.

So I rather would like to use a addon or something, if it exists,
which does this.

James Stauffer wrote:
I believe I have seen examples on the mailing list so there should be
examples in the archive.

On 7/11/07, Hans Schwaebli wrote:
> Come on... You know what I mean. I didn't find any good manual or
tutorial freely available for log4j. And I searched for half an hour.
Excuse me if I then dare to ask here. So if anyone can tell me, I would
be glad.

> James Stauffer wrote: Did you search the mailing list archives, wiki,
and javadocs?

> On 7/11/07, Hans Schwaebli wrote:
> > It seems this is a solution. But I couldn't find a site where using
log4j filters is described. Any idea?

--
James Stauffer http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/