From "Philip Denno" <pde...@tsi.bc.ca>
Subject SocketHubAppender
Date Thu, 05 Jul 2007 18:40:16 GMT
The project I am working on is very multi - threaded (> 500 threads) and
I have implemented the SocketHubAppender to send all the events to
Chainsaw.

Everything works fine (most times) but occasionally I get the following
stack trace:

 java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 0 >= 0
     at java.util.Vector.removeElementAt(Vector.java:518)
     at
org.apache.log4j.net.SocketHubAppender.append(SocketHubAppender.java:208
)
     etc...

It seems to crash at random and at different places in my application.

So my question is:

    Is SocketHubAppender not thread safe?

Cheers,
Philip.

__________________

IMPORTANT NOTICE
Email from TSI Terminal Systems Inc. (TSI) is confidential and may be legally privileged.
If it is not intended for you, please delete it immediately unread. Under no circumstances
should this e-mail be redistributed without prior written consent of TSI. The internet cannot
guarantee that this communication is free of viruses, interception or interference and anyone
who communicates with us by email is taken to accept the risks in doing so. Without limitation,
TSI and its affiliates accept no liability whatsoever and howsoever arising in connection
with the use of this email. Under no circumstances shall this email constitute a binding agreement
for provision of services by TSI, which is subject to the terms and conditions of TSI's standard
schedule for Terminal Tariffs which is also available at http://www.tsi.bc.ca.