From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: log4j.xml location issue
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2007 03:47:55 GMT
At 12:04 PM 9/4/2007, you wrote:

 >Hello,
 >
 >I have the files commons-logging.properties, log4j.dtd and log4j.xml
 >in the root of my eclipse proyect. If I create a jar file with them
 >inside, all the log works properly. But I donĀ“t want to have that
 >files inside a jar.
 >
 >Can anyone tell me how can I modify the place of them? If I put them
 >outside the jar I receive the error:

You don't need log4j.dtd for anything.   The
Log4j jar provides it.  I can't tell you much of
anything about commons-logging.properties other
than, usually you don't need to define
it.  log4j.xml simply needs to be in the default
package (i.e. no package).  Just add some
directory to the classpath and put log4j.xml in that directory; you're done!

Jake