From Daniel Rossi <s...@electroteque.org>
Subject log4j alpha
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 04:00:31 GMT
Hi there, ive been developing upon log4j alpha 1.3 for quite a while
to use some new features. I believe it is now a dead branch. What am
i suppose to be using, I need the new
org.apache.log4j.rolling.RollingFileAppender package and the rolling
policy for a project im working on which requires customised
subclassed logging features. What can I use now to get the same
features ?

I believe now in eclipse my xml configs are broken aswell, something
doesnt like my xml config setup, what exactly is it now ? Here is an
example of my current one

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<!DOCTYPE configuration>

<configuration xmlns="http://logging.apache.org/">
	<appender name="TS000011-APP"
class="org.apache.log4j.rolling.RollingFileAppender">
   		<rollingPolicy
class="org.apache.log4j.rolling.TimeBasedRollingPolicy">
   			<param name="fileNamePattern" value="logs/stats/TS000011/Red5_%d
{yyyyMMdd}.log"/>
   		</rollingPolicy>

         <layout class="org.red5.server.logging.W3CLayout">
             <!--
             <param name="Fields"
                 value="field1,field2,field3"/>
                 -->
                 <!--
             <param name="Delimiter"
                 value="\t"/>
                 -->
         </layout>
     </appender>
</configuration>

I get errors like

log4j:WARN Element type "configuration" must be declared.

Let me know