From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: Please help Chanisaw config- NDC
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:38:57 GMT
The next Chainsaw release will address this issue (no date yet - hopefully soon)...the only
option currently available is to build Chainsaw yourself and run it locally.

If you want to download and build Chainsaw locally, follow these steps:

-------------------
- install a subversion client (needed to download chainsaw dependencies which
  aren't yet in a maven repository)
- install maven2 (http://maven.apache.org/download.html)

- Run these commands to pull down the svn modules needed by Chainsaw:

svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/companions/zeroconf/trunk zeroconf
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/companions/component/trunk component
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/log4j/companions/receivers/trunk receivers
svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/logging/chainsaw/trunk chainsaw

- Use maven to install the Chainsaw dependencies in your local repository (in this order):

cd zeroconf
mvn install

cd component
mvn install

cd receivers
mvn install

cd chainsaw
mvn install

You can then run Chainsaw by using a script in this directory:
chainsaw/target/appassembler/bin

Hope this helps -

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS