From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: Chainsaw V2 help
Date Mon, 03 Sep 2007 23:41:50 GMT
log4j 1.2.9 is quite old, perhaps not serialization compatible with
the version embedded in Chainsaw.  Can you upgrade the version of
your application using log4j to use at least 1.2.12?
On 03/09/2007, at 4:38 PM, Ahmad wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a similar issue.
> If the Socket appender RemoteHost is the local host,
>  Chainsaw V2 receives all the messages.
>  But if I specify a remote host for the
> Socket appender it does not receives any
> messages even though the chainsaw receives
> the message because it prints the following messages:
> 201156 [Thread-16] INFO org.apache.log4j.net.SocketNode
> - Caught java.net.SocketException closing connection.
> accepted socket
> socket not null - creating and starting socketnode
> waiting to accept socket
> -------------
> Here is my log4j.xml file:
> -----
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> <!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration SYSTEM "log4j.dtd">
> <log4j:configuration>
>
> <appender name="Monitor" class="org.apache.log4j.net.SocketAppender">
> <param name="RemoteHost" value="localhost" />
> <param name="Port" value="4445" />
> <!--layout class="org.apache.log4j.xml.XMLLayout" /-->
>    </appender>
>
>    <root>
>       <priority value="DEBUG" />
>       <appender-ref ref="Monitor" />
>
>    </root>
> </log4j:configuration>
> -------------
> Here is my receivers.properties file for Chainsaw V2.
> -----------------
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
> <!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration >
> <log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
> debug="true">
>    <appender name="A2" class="org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender">
>       <layout class="org.apache.log4j.SimpleLayout"/>
>    </appender>
>
> <plugin name="SocketReceiver"
> class="org.apache.log4j.net.SocketReceiver">
>       <param name="Port" value="4445"/>
>       <param name="Threshold" value="debug"/>
>    </plugin>
>    <root>
>       <level value="debug"/>
>    </root>
> </log4j:configuration>

Paul Smith
Core Engineering Manager

Aconex
The easy way to save time and money on your project

696 Bourke Street, Melbourne,
VIC 3000, Australia
Tel: +61 3 9240 0200  Fax: +61 3 9240 0299
Email: psmith@aconex.com  www.aconex.com

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee.
The contents may be privileged, confidential and/or subject to
copyright or other applicable law. No confidentiality or privilege is
lost by an erroneous transmission. If you have received this e-mail
in error, please let us know by reply e-mail and delete or destroy
this mail and all copies. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you must not disseminate, copy or take any action in
reliance on it. The sender takes no responsibility for the effect of
this message upon the recipient's computer system.