From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Log problem with Tomcat 5 (lots of logs)
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:16:39 GMT
You say that "he log4j-1.2.14.jar and the configuration file are in my project
lib directory".  Do you mean that both the jar and the XML config file are in
WEB-INF/lib?  That's not where the config file should should go.  It should be
in WEB-INF/classes.

How are you running Tomcat?  Is it in standalone mode or run through Eclipse
(or some other way)?  Do you have Log4j config files elsewhere, such as
packaged with jars, in the classpath?  You might want to start with
-Dlog4j.debug=true to determine which file it is using to perform
configuration.

Jake