From Sarvananda <navnith.maud...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: level based logging into seperate files
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:14:06 GMT

Hi sarvananda,
am also facing same problem. if you got solution let me.I able to log dubug
logs and above int one file, error and above into another file.But i unable
to log only debug logs in to one file and only error logs into anotherfile.I
would really appreciate if one help with this.you can mail me to
srinivas.arakala@gmail.com .

Hi,
I Didnt really find a solution to this issue, cos this involved using
filters in log4j and the only way I could use them was with a configuration
file built on XML.
I made a seperate way and implemented the same code myself. Some may call it
reinventing the wheel, but there are times when you dont have time to
understand a lot of things but have just about time enough to make your own
way. Let me know if you want my code, I will have no problem giving it to
you.
It will make entries in a file, and after it reaches a specific size, it
will make another file and rename it with current time stamp. I had used
log4j AND my solution, so I could write atleast into two different files.

cheers...