From Markus Rechtien <recht...@dotquality.de>
Subject Logging from java 5 dynamic proxy - method name within LocationInformation
Date Thu, 11 Oct 2007 08:59:40 GMT
Hi,

Im trying to use log4j with proxy classes and had the problem
that I got the wrong method name within logging output when
a classname exists more than one time within the stacktrace
of the location information of the logging event.

I took a look inside the code and found out, that the loggerclass
is looked up with lastIndexOf within the string of the stacktrace.
off course this is the reason why wrong method names appear
in the logging output.

Is there a reason why “indexOf” (first index of) can’t be used to look
up the logger class in the stacktrace ?

Many thanks and all the best,
    Markus