From "Ruchi Mishra" <ruch...@zensar.com>
Subject RE: Can i instentiate the log4j logger object?
Date Fri, 19 Oct 2007 10:22:14 GMT
Hi Michael,

It is possible to have two loggers if you take logger instead of root
Logger.

________________________________

From: Michael [mailto:michael@tecforte.com]
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2007 2:43 PM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Can i instentiate the log4j logger object?

Dear sir,

Recently I was try with the log4j to use it to record my system out
messages, however it seems that when I want to have 2 thread within the
same JVM where each of them having their own log files is not possible.
Because the Logger object is singleton.

Is there any way that I can have init 2 different instance of Logger
(with different configuration of file to be write to) on each thread and
each their own log files ??

Thanks,

Logo-sig-(tecforte)

Sincerely,

Michael Liong

Software Engineer

TecForte Sdn Bhd

'Smart Security Management'

Parcel No 2A-13-2, Plaza Sentral - Phase II,
Jalan Stesen Sentral 5, Kuala Lumpur Sentral,
50470 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tel: +6(03) 2264 3164

Fax: +6(03) 2264 3064

http://www.tecforte.com <http://www.tecforte.com/>

==============================

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential, legally
privileged and are for the sole use of the intended recipient. If you
are not the intended recipient of this e-mail or any part of it, you are
not to reproduce or distribute it. Please notify the sender by return
e-mail and discard the contents.  In circumstances where the contents of
this e-mail may have legal significance, you should not place any
reliance on its contents without following up in writing.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
10/18/2007 5:47 PM

DISCLAIMER:
This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s)
and the views expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Zensar Technologies Ltd.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail by error, its use is strictly
prohibited, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender. Zensar Technologies Ltd. does
not accept any liability for virus infected mails.