From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: Question: Chainsaw usage
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 00:20:14 GMT

On 20/10/2007, at 7:51 PM, Owe Andresen wrote:

> Hello,
> (@first, im new to this list).
>
> 1. I write a sutom receiver for our log-message formats. What
> bothers me is that i have to open the recevers configuration file
> each time when i start Chainsaw.

Why don't you configure the URL of the config file in the
preferences?  Then it will be loaded each time automatically?

> 2. I restart Chainsaw alot, becase i cannot remove the visible
> receivers once they are in the treeview of the chainsaw lgomessage
> panel.

I don't understand what you mean here.

> 3. I got concurrent modification exception, when having alot of
> messages (150000).. Also i got "IllegalArgumentException" when
> filtering by date (with only 7000 logmessages also). known?

A stacktrace to this mailing list would be useful here, otherwise we
don't know what problem you are encountering.

> 4. I am missing that jump-to-logmessage by number, i heard it was
> announced somewhere. When will this feature come in a new Chainsaw
> release?

This is in the trunk version of Chainsaw, not yet released (waiting
on some downstream log4j modules to be released first).

cheers,

Paul