From orko <orko_...@yahoo.com>
Subject log4j file name and line number
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:25:22 GMT
  Hi every one,
I am trying to replace my current logging system into log4j. There is a logging object (logging.java)
which acts as a layer between logging system and my application, so that other developers
don't have to worry about this change. So when a log method (debug, or trace) is called, it
gets initialized from this layer.

I have been trying to understand how the file name and line number (%f, %l) works.
I can see the pattern in appender objects. But can't find how these (filename and linenumber)
are getting initialized. It always gives me logging.java as file name instead of the file
name where it was first called. Does any one have any idea how it is really working?