From "Wilfong, Paul" <paul.wilf...@ngc.com>
Subject Wikipedia entry for log4j has link to log4cxx that says "outdated" (again)
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 15:14:52 GMT
A while back I noticed that the Wikipedia entry for log4j had links to
various C/C++ logging facilities, including log4cxx.  At the time they
all had "(outdated)" next to them.

log4cxx didn't look outdated to me, so I
1.  changed the entry to remove the label,
2.  put a question in the wikipedia discussion page if it is outdated,
and
3.  posted a message to this forum asking if it is outdated.

There was no response from anyone.

So this morning I happened to look and darned if Mr. 195.179.9.148
hasn't put "outdated" back on!  No corresponding reason given, nothing
on the discussion page.

So my question is, is log4cxx outdated?  Or is the entry trying to say
the "official log4cxx page" is outdated?  Neither seems the case to me.
It would be nice to know so that the correct information could be put in
the wikipedia page.

Maybe Mr. 195.179.9.148 is trying to indicate that 0.9.7 is problematic,
and that the latest SVN HEAD should be used, but in that case a
statement to say so would be a lot less cryptic.  And in any case the
log4cxx site says that - so I just can't see what would be considered
outdated.