From "Preuss, Jacqueline - ENCOWAY" <Preus...@encoway.de>
Subject AW: Problem with renaming files
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 06:42:59 GMT
Hi again,

I think I solved the problem for us. In our web application we programmatically created loggers
and appenders. Each time we wanted to log some events our log manager creates a new logger
with a specific name (name of the page etc.) if it didn't exist at the moment. That works
fine. The problem was that we also created a new DailyRollingFileAppender each time a logger
was created. This appender always pointed to the same log file. So we got as much handles
of this file as we initialized loggers for different pages. A renaming was impossible... We
now realized the appender as a singleton, i.e. create it only once a use always the same instance
of it. Now, we only have on handle on the file; tests were successfully :-)

Thanks,
Jacqueline.