From Jacob Kjome <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Log4j not logging hibernate
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 05:55:34 GMT

The WEB-INF/lib folder is not added to the classpath.  Each jar in said folder is
but not the folder itself.  You need to put it in WEB-INF/classes.  I assume you
are using Tomcat standalone, with child-first classloading?  Then if you put
log4j.jar in WEB-INF/lib, it should pick up log4j.properties from WEB-INF/classes,
unless you have log4j.xml somewhere in the root package on the classpath, as
log4j.xml is used in preference to log4j.properties.

Jake