From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: file location - windows vista
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 17:47:11 GMT

On Nov 13, 2007, at 9:55 AM, James A. N. Stauffer wrote:

> With an XML config you can access system properties like ${user.home$
> }/logfilename.log

I don't think the trailing $ is necessary and would expect that would
actually break things, but I'm not sure.  System property
substitution also works with the property configurator.  See the JDK
documentation for System.getProperties() (http://java.sun.com/javase/
6/docs/api/java/lang/System.html#getProperties()) for a list of
always available system properties.   Using ${java.io.tmpdir} would
also be an option.