From Paul Smith <psm...@aconex.com>
Subject Re: Log4j not logging hibernate
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2007 22:13:51 GMT

On 03/11/2007, at 11:42 PM, wild_oscar wrote:

> The hibernate docu says
>
> show_sql: Write all SQL statements to console. This is an
> alternative to
> setting the log category org.hibernate.SQL  to debug
>
> As an alternative, the org.hibernate.SQL log4j property should work.
> The
> problem is that I am also interested in other org.hibernate.xxx
> logging
> properties (that I cannot set in the hibernate config file).

Which particular events are you interested in seeing?  From your
logging configuration in a previous mail you look like you're trying
to see logs from the QueryParameters?  I've looked into the Hibernate
source code for QueryParameters and it doesn't log much, but what it
does log is at TRACE level, so you're going to need to do 2 things for
this one at least:

log4j.threshold=ALL
log4j.logger.org.hibernate.engine.QueryParameters=TRACE

cheers,

Paul