From epic winter <epicwin...@hotmail.com>
Subject file location - windows vista
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:42:25 GMT

I have an application using log4j and in the past I have just specified: log4j.appender.file.File=logfilename.log

This would create the file in the location where the java app was launched.  This was in C:\program
files\MyApp\logfilename.log

But windows vista doesn't seem to allow my program to write anywhere in c:\program files.
 I assume that log file is not being written at all now because of these permissions.  Correct?

I guess my solution is to write the log file to a folder in the user's home directory.  Is
there a way to auto specify the user's home directory without hard coding it?

thanks
-ryan