From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help log4j SysLogAppender
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:04:56 GMT

On Nov 19, 2007, at 6:45 AM, arthikbabu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am not able to write the log messages in the syslog server
> (particularly I
> need to write in the messages log file)  and Pls find the code
> below and I
> dont know wht missed out

Is 10.145.2.254 reachable and is the syslogd on that machine
accepting network log requests?   log4j always sends a UDP packet
even when logging on localhost (doing otherwise would require
interfacing with native code).

Can you ping 10.145.2.254?
Can you do a "netstat -n" on that machine and does it contain a
listener for port 514?
Add a log4j.debug=true to your config file and see if it reports any
diagnostics.