From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: Question: How a Receiver may write to different Receiver tabs in Chainsaw
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2007 22:46:10 GMT
Events are routed to tabs based on content of the events themselves.

There is a default 'tab identifier' (defined in application-wide
preferences) which controls how events are initially routed to tabs.

This tab identifier relies on the expression syntax keywords (see the
tutorial for details).

For example, to have events route to a tab based on level (all WARN
events end up on the same tab, all INFO events end up on a different
tab, etc), use the tab identifier LEVEL.

The default tab identifier routes events based on a combination of an
'application' property and 'hostname' property (if they are provided).

You can define your own properties and change the tab identifier or add
your own hostname and application properties to the events to use the
default tab identifier.

Scott Deboy
Principal Engineer
COMOTIV SYSTEMS