From tom.x.p...@jpmchase.com
Subject Re: Trouble Referencing An XML Config File
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:23:41 GMT
Thanks for the quick response Matthew!

"Matthew Kemp" <mattkemp@gmail.com> wrote on 11/08/2007 04:35:21 PM:

> PropertyConfigurator only reads property files. To read an xml config
> you need to use the DOMConfigurator. Another option would allow log4j
> to statically initialize itself (your config file needs to be on the
> class path).

Thanks for this.  I couldn't find this information anywhere.

Also, I found that I don't have to use a XML config file to send all log
messages to STDERR.  Here's the config file that ended up working for
me:

    log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, stderr

    log4j.appender.stderr=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender
    log4j.appender.stderr.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
    log4j.appender.stderr.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x -
%m%n
    log4j.appender.stderr.Target=System.err

Thanks again!

Tom Purl

and affiliates.

copy format. Thank you.

disclosures relating to UK legal entities.