From "Jacob Kjome" <h...@visi.com>
Subject Re: JSF/Struts logs ok Servlet/JSP does not?
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2007 19:03:58 GMT
That's strange.  BTW, the log4j.debug output you provided shows automatic
configuration.  Given that you say you are manually configuring Log4j, I would
expect to see that output as well.  Did you just leave that out for some
reason, or aren't you seeing it?  You shouldn't need to manually configure
Log4j if you have log4j.jar in WEB-INF/lib and log4j.properties in
WEB-INF/classes.

I'm not quite sure what to tell you, other than try a newer version of Log4j
and maybe verify the output.

Note that, normally, you'd obtain a logger by Logger.getLogger("somename")
instead of directly abtaining the root logger.  But, of course, that beside
the point until the config loading works properly.

Jake