From Martin Olsen <mvind...@gmail.com>
Subject Logging only the message
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 07:26:26 GMT

Hi there,

Does anyony know if log4j is able to print only the message text, prefixing
no level or anything. I've tried to use a "bare bones" pattern "%m%n" but it
still prints the logging level in front of the text. What I want to do is
log a series of SQL statements that may be copy/pasted into PL/SQL Developer
for execution. I know that this kind of thing is not really what log4j was
intended for, but on the other hand I am using log4j for logging anyway so
it seems like an easy approach, if I could only manage to make it print only
the message.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,
/Martin Olsen, Norway