From "Ted Graham" <tgra...@ConcordEnergy.com>
Subject Concurrency with separate logger and appender elements?
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 14:55:36 GMT
We are using log4j 1.2.14 as part of a financial trading system, where
latency is important.

If I have two threads logging to separate files via separate appenders, can
they execute concurrently.  If not, what is the point of contention, and how
serious is it?

To explain in more detail, my config file has two <logger>s and two
<appender>s (both DailyRollingFileAppenders).  The code references one of
the loggers by name and logs to it from a dedicated thread.  There is
another thread that log to a variety of other loggers, which are handled by
a root level appender.  Will logging to one appender block another thread
from logging to a separate appender?

Thanks,

Ted