From Néstor Boscán <nestor.bos...@tcs.com.ve>
Subject RE: Is there a way to get all configured loggers?
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 21:53:49 GMT
Thanks a lot!!!

-----Mensaje original-----
De: David Killeffer [mailto:rayden7@gmail.com]
Enviado el: Jueves, 03 de Enero de 2008 04:11 p.m.
Para: Log4J Users List
Asunto: Re: Is there a way to get all configured loggers?

Hi Nestor -
     I had to do something similar for a servlet I was writing recently - as
part of the servlet, I declare a logger which is then used to get all the
loggers that have been configured, and then show which appenders are
attached to which loggers.  The main function which I used to get all the
configured loggers and their appenders is like this:

    private void showLoggers(Logger mainLogger, PrintWriter out) {
        // get all the loggers
        Enumeration allLoggers = mainLogger.getLoggerRepository
().getRootLogger().getLoggerRepository().getCurrentLoggers();
        while (allLoggers.hasMoreElements()){
            Logger logger = (Logger)allLoggers.nextElement();
            // only show loggers that have appenders attached to them
            try {
                if ( logger.getAllAppenders().hasMoreElements() ) {
                    printLoggingSummary(logger, out);
                }
            } catch (Exception e) {
                System.out.println("in showLoggerst().... " +
e.getStackTrace() + "\nMessage: " + e.getMessage() );
            }
        }
    }

Hopefully this helps steer you in the right direction.

~ David

--
Best Regards,
David Killeffer