From "Ruchi Mishra" <ruch...@zensar.com>
Subject RE: Help needed with log4j used with JBOSS server
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 05:14:10 GMT
Hi Sneha,

What you can do is create a log4jinitServlet class and in that servlet
configure the path of your properties file.
This servlet need to be mapped in your web.xml file.

regards
Ruchi

________________________________

From: Sneha Nikum [mailto:snehanikum@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 10:38 AM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: Help needed with log4j used with JBOSS server

Hi,
      I am Sneha, I am working on creating a hosted service, and using
log4j for logging purpose. I am new to it.
     I am trying to log the details to a log file, using a .properties
file. I have placed this file into the WEB-INF->classes directory.
But yet, after I run the project, the log file is not getting created,
the logs are going into the server.log file of JBOSS. I think this
problem has something to do with the class loaders. As JBOSS also has
its own log4j.jar .

    I have attached with this mail the property file.
   Also in the main code,
I create an instance of the Logger class as below:
static
Logger logger = Logger.getLogger("MyLogger" );
And also within each fuction configure the properties as:
PropertyConfigurator.configure("logger.properties");
Can you please help me with this problem? If this is not the right place
to mail my doubts, can you please point me towards the right person?
Waiting for your reply.

Thanks and Regards

--
Sneha Anil Nikum
Don't get even with people

DISCLAIMER:
This email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient(s)
and the views expressed in the same are not necessarily the views of Zensar Technologies Ltd.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail by error, its use is strictly
prohibited, please delete the e-mail and notify the sender. Zensar Technologies Ltd. does
not accept any liability for virus infected mails.