From "Robert Dodier" <rob...@infotility.com>
Subject Adapting log4j to IBM J9 JVM
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2008 00:28:10 GMT
Hello,

I am attempting to run a program which uses log4j 1.2.9 on
the IBM J9 JVM. Unfortunately J9 doesn't include java.beans.*
and log4j makes use of a few java.beans classes (BeanInfo and
a few others).

I've tried a few things. (1) I looked at the log4j source code to
see how much trouble it would be to expunge the java.beans.*
references. Looks like it would be some work to replace it.
(2) Attempted to compile the java.beans classes from another
JVM (namely Classpath). Failed to compile -- references to
other Classpath-specific stuff outside of beans. Rats.

I guess reimplementing the log4j classes (just to provide
empty placeholders would be enough to get the program running)
is an option too but I haven't done that yet.

I wonder if anyone else has gotten log4j + J9 working and if so
I wonder how it was accomplished.

Thanks for any advice.

Robert Dodier