From "Robert Dodier" <rob...@infotility.com>
Subject Re: Adapting log4j to IBM J9 JVM
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2008 17:16:25 GMT
On 1/11/08, Curt Arnold <carnold@apache.org> wrote:

> First of all, do you have a hard requirement to be able to compile on
> the J9 JVM?

No, I'm just considering it as an alternative to JamVM + Classpath.

> I found a lot of references to J9 in a search, but none of them seemed
> like a definitive home page for the JVM.   Could you suggest one?

I don't remember exactly how I found it originally. Looks like
Wikipedia has a sketchy article with working links:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_J9
Also try searching the IBM website for J9 + Websphere Micro Environment.
IBM has a free download for Linux + x86 although not for ARM;
I have obtained an evaluation copy of J9 for ARM from MicroDoc
(http://microdoc.de).

Hope this information is useful to someone.

Robert Dodier