From "James A. N. Stauffer" <stauffer.ja...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Log4j in an Applet?
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:00:07 GMT
Unless signed and given permission, an applet can only communicate to
the server that served the applet class/jar file(s).  Therefore the
SimpleSocketServer will need to run on the webserver that servered the
applet.  You need to configure your applet to send the logs over a
SocketAppender back to the server.

James A. N. Stauffer        http://www.geocities.com/stauffer_james/