From "Sneha Nikum" <snehani...@gmail.com>
Subject Help needed with log4j used with JBOSS server
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 05:08:05 GMT
Hi,
      I am Sneha, I am working on creating a hosted service, and using log4j
for logging purpose. I am new to it.
     I am trying to log the details to a log file, using a .properties file.
I have placed this file into the WEB-INF->classes directory.
But yet, after I run the project, the log file is not getting created, the
logs are going into the server.log file of JBOSS. I think this problem has
something to do with the class loaders. As JBOSS also has its own log4j.jar.

    I have attached with this mail the property file.
   Also in the main code,
I create an instance of the Logger class as below:
static
Logger logger = Logger.getLogger("MyLogger" );
And also within each fuction configure the properties as:
PropertyConfigurator.configure("logger.properties");
Can you please help me with this problem? If this is not the right place to
mail my doubts, can you please point me towards the right person?
Waiting for your reply.

Thanks and Regards

--
Sneha Anil Nikum