From Tim Watts <ti...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Suppressing stacktrace output
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 14:40:56 GMT

OR subclass PatternLayout and add a setIgnoresThrowable(). Then use this
subclass in your console appender definition and add a property to disable:

	log4j.appender.console.layout=com.mydomain.MyPatternLayout
	log4j.appender.console.layout.IgnoresThrowable=false

(or whatever the XML equivalent is)

This approach would allow you to apply this behaviour to other appenders if
you wanted to later.