From Curt Arnold <carn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Regarding Joran Configurator
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 19:17:57 GMT

On Mar 13, 2008, at 4:16 AM, Srijith Kochunni wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>             I am working on a project using log4j  for the first
> time so please excuse me if the question is too basic. I basically
> want to use JoranConfigurator to initialize my log4j environment.
> But I find that it is available only in log4j 1.3 Alpha 8 release,
> for which there is no more development , and therefore i`m wondering
> whether it is OK to go ahead and use this version. I saw  that most
> of the code of 1.3 was backported to 1.2 version as extras, but I am
> not able to find joran among them. Could you please guide me as to
> whether there is any alternative that I must be using?
>
> Thanks,
> Srijith.

Is there a specific feature of the JoranConfigurator that you wanted?
If you are just getting started, it would be likely that the
DOMConfigurator would be sufficient?  It may be possible to backport
the JoranConfigurator for use with log4j 1.2.x, just didn't seem to
have much demand to be back-ported.