From "Jérôme Pramondon" <jpramon...@gmail.com>
Subject Everybody's logging but me
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 09:08:32 GMT
Hello there,

I'm currently facing a problem I've never experienced before on any other
applications that we here have developped with log4j. I'm a but confused so
I thought I'll share with everybody just in case someone have already faced
similar problems.
Here's what I've got :

- a J2EE application developped with Eclipse 3.3 and Tomcat 5.5 (the latter
is launched manually in a shell) and using Struts 1.X and Hibernate 3. Not
very inovative, but working well.
- a log4j.properties file in my application WAR in WEB-INF/classes. Again
pretty standard configuration.
- a problem : every embended jar of the application (including Struts,
Hibernate, Commons-*, ...) are logging depending on what is in the log4j
file (I've tried several restrictions on packages and it's always working,
prooving my log4j file is read somehow). But when I try to do a log.debug("my
message"), nothing happens. It's doens't show in any of the appenders.
Any idea to help ?

Thanks a lots for your time,

Jerome

By the way, here's the content of the log4j file :
log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=[%5p] %d{mm:ss}
(%F:%M:%L)%n%m%n%n

log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.file.maxFileSize=5000KB
log4j.appender.file.maxBackupIndex=10
log4j.appender.file.File=${catalina.base}/logs/teambox.log
log4j.appender.file.threshold=debug
log4j.appender.file.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.file.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{ABSOLUTE} %5p %c{1}:%L -
%m%n

log4j.logger.org.apache=WARN
log4j.logger.org.apache.struts.action=DEBUG

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, stdout, file