From "Jérôme Pramondon" <jpramon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Everybody's logging but me
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 11:08:44 GMT
Paul,

First of all thanks for you advice. Help is alsways appriciated when you
start getting crazy about something.

I gave a try at putting "log4j.debug=true" in my configuration file. It
gives me pretty much what I expected (see below for details).

I don't get it. Why would my log file be created but nothing is written in
there ? Is some jar saying log=off or something ?

I'm going to lunch right now and investigate more further after that.

Cheers,

Jerome

log4j: Parsing for [root] with value=[WARN, stdout, file].
log4j: Level token is [WARN].
log4j: Category root set to WARN
log4j: Parsing appender named "stdout".
log4j: Parsing layout options for "stdout".
log4j: Setting property [conversionPattern] to [[%5p] %d{mm:ss}
(%F:%M:%L)%n%m%n%n].
log4j: End of parsing for "stdout".
log4j: Parsed "stdout" options.
log4j: Parsing appender named "file".
log4j: Parsing layout options for "file".
log4j: Setting property [conversionPattern] to [%d{ABSOLUTE} %5p %c{1}:%L -
%m%n].
log4j: End of parsing for "file".
log4j: Setting property [maxFileSize] to [5000KB].
log4j: Setting property [file] to [D:\apache-tomcat-6.0.14
/logs/teambox.log].
log4j: Setting property [maxBackupIndex] to [10].
log4j: Setting property [threshold] to [DEBUG].
log4j: setFile called: D:\apache-tomcat-6.0.14/logs/teambox.log, true
log4j: setFile ended
log4j: Parsed "file" options.
log4j: Parsing for [org.apache.struts.action] with value=[DEBUG].
log4j: Level token is [DEBUG].
log4j: Category org.apache.struts.action set to DEBUG
log4j: Handling log4j.additivity.org.apache.struts.action=[null]
log4j: Parsing for [org.apache] with value=[WARN].
log4j: Level token is [WARN].
log4j: Category org.apache set to WARN
log4j: Handling log4j.additivity.org.apache=[null]
log4j: Finished configuring.