From Ceki Gulcu <lis...@qos.ch>
Subject Re: Regarding Joran Configurator
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 10:11:22 GMT

Hello Srijith,

You might want to try logback which is a significantly improved version of log4j
heavily based on Joran.

HTH,

Srijith Kochunni wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>              I am working on a project using log4j  for the first time so please excuse
me if the question is too basic. I basically want to use JoranConfigurator to initialize
my log4j environment. But I find that it is available only in log4j 1.3 Alpha 8
release, for which there is no more development , and therefore i`m wondering
whether it is OK to go ahead and use this version. I saw  that most of the code
of 1.3 was backported to 1.2 version as extras, but I am not able to find joran
among them. Could you please guide me as to whether there is any alternative
that I must be using?

--
Ceki Gülcü
QOS.ch is looking to hire talented developers in Switzerland.  If