From Sairam Krishnamurthy <skrishnamur...@spikesource.com>
Subject log4j directory creation
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:54:22 GMT
Hi,

I tried to use log4j for my application. I am new to log4j and at first
I created a new application to get familiar with log4j. The following is
the appender's properties in log4j.property file.

log4j.appender.A2=org.apache.log4j.FileAppender
log4j.appender.A2.File=c:/demo1/demo2/app.log
log4j.appender.A2=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
# Append to the end of the file or overwrites the file at start.
log4j.appender.A2.Append=true
log4j.appender.A2.layout.ConversionPattern=[%5p] %d{mm:ss}
(%F:%M:%L)%n%m%n%n

A2 is the logger appender i use. I dint have demo1/demo2 folder in C:.
When i used this log4j configuration in my sample application it was a
success with demo1/demo2 folder created by log4j.

But when i tried to use the same configuration in my application it
gives the following error.

log4j:ERROR setFile(null,true) call failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: test\app.log (The system cannot find the
path specified)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.openAppend(Native Method)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.setFile(FileAppender.java:282)
at
org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender.setFile(RollingFileAppender.java:165)
at org.apache.log4j.FileAppender.activateOptions(FileAppender.java:161)
at org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.activate(PropertySetter.java:256)
at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:132)
at
org.apache.log4j.config.PropertySetter.setProperties(PropertySetter.java:96)
at org.apache.log4j.PropertyConfigurator

Also when i changed the filename = "app.log" with no folder name, the
log file is creating in my source folder. So the problem was with the
creation of directory.

Can somebody help me in this?

Thanks in advance.

--