From "Dave Hensley" <dhens...@csun.edu>
Subject RE: How do I start Chainsaw without extra tabs
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 01:04:51 GMT
Thanks for the quick response.  I have a few follow-up questions.

> I'm not sure how to prevent the zeroconf tab from being created (other
> than not having zeroconf dependencies in your Chainsaw classpath).

We don't need zeroconf at all (we will always be accessing local log files).
How do I go about removing these dependencies from the Chainsaw classpath?

> The Welcome tab visibility is a remembered preference in Chainsaw SVN
> trunk (not yet released version of Chainsaw).

This has probably been answered elsewhere, but when is the next release
scheduled that will include these changes.  I would like to avoid running
from a dev build if possible.

> You can prevent the chainsaw-log tab from being created by adding an
> 'org.apache.log4j' LOGGER entry to your Chainsaw log4j config file which
> sets the level to ERROR (or OFF).

I had already tried this, or at least I thought I did, and it did not work.
I still get the chainsaw tab and all log messages (all levels). Below is the
content of my config file.  Am I doing this wrong?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<!DOCTYPE log4j:configuration >
<log4j:configuration xmlns:log4j="http://jakarta.apache.org/log4j/"
debug="true">

 <plugin name="Server Log"
class="org.apache.log4j.varia.LogFilePatternReceiver">
     <param name="fileURL" value="file:///C
/jboss/server/default/log/server.log"/>
     <param name="timestampFormat" value="yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss,SSS"/>
     <param name="logFormat" value="TIMESTAMP LEVEL LOGGER MESSAGE"/>
     <param name="name" value="Server Log"/>
     <param name="tailing" value="true"/>
   </plugin>

   <!-- Limit the org.apache category to ERROR -->
   <category name="org.apache.log4j">
      <priority value="OFF"/>
   </category>

      <root>