From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: How do I start Chainsaw without extra tabs
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 04:04:58 GMT
I'm not sure how to prevent the zeroconf tab from being created (other than not having zeroconf
dependencies in your Chainsaw classpath).

The Welcome tab visibility is a remembered preference in Chainsaw SVN trunk (not yet released
version of Chainsaw).

You can prevent the chainsaw-log tab from being created by adding an 'org.apache.log4j' LOGGER
entry to your Chainsaw log4j config file which sets the level to ERROR (or OFF).

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201

Telephone:      503.224.7496
Cell:           503.997.1367
Fax:            503.222.0185

sdeboy@comotivsystems.com

www.comotivsystems.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Hensley [mailto:dhensley@csun.edu]
Sent: Wed 3/19/2008 5:17 PM
To: log4j-user@logging.apache.org
Subject: How do I start Chainsaw without extra tabs

Hi,

I have created a startup config file that loads the receivers for my log
files.this is working great.

I would like to start Chainsaw without the application creating a
chainsaw-log tab, Zeroconf tab, or the Welcome tab.  I really don't need
these tabs as we would like to use this to only view the log files from our
app.  We do not want, or need, to view any other log files.

Can this be done?

I know I can right-click and select Hide, but we would much rather start
without the tab ever being created.  Additionally, I am unable to even hide
the Zeroconf or Welcome tabs as the Hide option is disabled on them.

Thanks,

Dave