From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: How do I start Chainsaw without extra tabs
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2008 04:16:04 GMT
If you're running Chainsaw from the Unix/DOS standalone download, you can remove jmdns.jar
from the jars and run from the script...that'll prevent you from getting a zeroconf tab.
If you run from the Web Start download, you probably can't avoid it.

Also, you can press F1 to hide the welcome tab (you have to do that each time you launch Chainsaw).

I can't say when the next version of Chainsaw will be released - it's dependent on some log4j
extras that haven't yet been officially released.  Once those dependencies have been released,
a Chainsaw release should follow shortly after.

It looks like you're doing the right thing to get org.apache.log4j entries to not be appended..

I used:

   <logger name="org.apache.log4j">
      <level value="OFF"/>
   </logger>

And I did still get some messages on an empty tab ("-"), but I didn't get a chainsaw-log tab.

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201