From Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderax...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ALWAYS: Error encountered on logger init:[java.lang.NullPointerException]
Date Wed, 23 Jul 2008 23:30:40 GMT
rektide skrev  den 18-07-2008 18:42:
> I dont know how to get any useful information about this failure, and I
> cannot discern that I am doing anything wrong.  How can I get information
> from log4j about its failure, and how can I debug this issue with log4j?

The configuration you listed works here in a simple test scenario with
log4j-1.2.15, so it must be something else.

What version of log4j are you using?

Have you tried setting a break point in the static initializer part in
org.apache.log4j.LogManager and step through the code?  You may want to
set the debugger to look for NullPointerExceptions so you can catch it
immediately.

--
  Thorbjørn