From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: XmlSocketReciever / Chainsaw
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2008 19:38:10 GMT
The msgs you're seeing in the chainsaw-log tab are not errors, they're
letting you know that if you are using a receiver that has external
library dependencies (vfslogfilepatternreceiver, customsqldbreceiver,
etc), those external libraries won't be found because you don't have a
'plugins' folder under $userhome/.chainsaw

You have two receivers in the receivers panel - this means they were set
up correctly.

You're not getting events most likely because the sender side
(java.util.logging sockethandler) isn't sending events over the wire
(you don't get a tab until events are received).

You should see a socket received msg in the chainsaw-log tab when the
java.util.logging sockethandler connects to Chainsaw.

Scott Deboy
Principal Engineer
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950