From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: Question for CustomSQLDBReceiver
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 16:29:04 GMT
http://logging.apache.org/log4j/companions/receivers/apidocs/org/apache/log4j/db/CustomSQLDBReceiver.html

Add your jdbc jar to the $userhome/.chainsaw/plugins folder and update your chainsaw xml config
file to use the receiver (see the Welcome tab - there's a 'view example receiver configuration'
button on that tab which contains an example configuration file.

The receiver essentially requires you to define aliases from your columns to fixed columns
the receiver is going to use to run the query.  It also supports an IDField param, which is
assumed to be an auto-incrementing int, which will allow you to 'tail' the events from the
database when running the query multiple times (if the refreshMillis param is defined).

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201