From "Scott Deboy" <sde...@comotivsystems.com>
Subject RE: Chainsaw LogFilePatternReceiver
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 02:17:11 GMT
Sorry, the keyword for the message field in LogFilePatternReceiver is MESSAGE not MSG.

Also, if there is no character in between the delimiters, trying to match NDC (or even [*])
won't match - they're relying on at least one character..

So, use this:

TIMESTAMP LEVEL LOGGER * - MESSAGE

If you want to add a space before the end delimiter in NDC, you could make NDC match and display
in Chainsaw..

You could use this on the appender:
log4j.appender.logFile.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{MM-dd-yy HH:mm:ss}
%p [%x ] %c{2} - %m%n

And this on the receiver:

TIMESTAMP LEVEL [NDC] LOGGER * - MESSAGE

Note the space after the end delimiter in [%x ].

I'll look into supporting this empty match...

Scott Deboy
COMOTIV SYSTEMS
111 SW Columbia Street Ste. 950
Portland, OR  97201