From Michael Erskine <michael.ersk...@ketech.com>
Subject RE: Can custom appender override the log4j.xml configuration
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:06:54 GMT
Hi Aneez,

> > If you don't want log4j to avoid the default initialization procedure
> > you
> > can set the log4j.defaultInitOverrride system property to anything other
> > than "false".

> How does log4j interpret defaultInitOverride?? Does any value other than
> 'false' imply true ?? Does 'null' also imply true ??

No, the absence of the value (or a null value) implies false. The string "false" quite naturally
means false. Other values mean "true". I fail to see why this question is important. Whilst
I use this technique extensively, I was quoting from the Introduction to log4j...

http://logging.apache.org/log4j/1.2/manual.html

I suggest you read it and if you want more detail feel free to read the source. If you still
can't solve your problem feel free to ask for more help.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.